Danner Laboratory utilizes the most innovative technology in cytology, pathology & molecular testing, while serving as a strategic partner for your practice or laboratory. Accuracy, responsiveness and convenience are our top priorities.
● Pap Test (ThinPrep, SurePath & Conventional
● HPV with 16/18/45 Genotyping
● Candida Vaginitis – Candida albicans, Candida dubliniensis, Candida glabrata, Candida krusei, Candida parapsilosis, Candida tropicalis
● Bacterial Vaginosis – Atopobium vaginae, Bacteroides fragilis, Gardnerella vaginalis, Mobiluncus curtisii, Mobiluncus mulieris, Prevotella bivia
● Vaginitis Screening – Candida albicans, Candida glabrata, Gardnerella vaginalis, Lactobacillua spp., Trichomonas vaginalis, Mycoplasma Genitalium)
● Trichomonas Vaginalis
● Group B Streptococcus
● Chlamydia Trachomatis/ Neisseria Gonorrhea
● Mycoplasma genitalium, Mycoplasma hominis, Ureaplasma urealyticum, Ureaplasma parvum
● HSV-1 & HSV-2
● Varicella-Zoster Virus Antibody
● Hepatitis B Surface Antigen
● Hepatitis B Surface Antibody
● Hepatitis C Antibody
● HIV antigen and Antibody Detection (4th generation)
4 Individual Specialty Categories
With the extended screening interval protocols for Pap smears, having a laboratory who specializes in cytology is more important than ever. At Danner, we consistently QC 20% of normal slides as well as those with a history of abnormal results. Should the Cytotechnologist find atypical or abnormal cells, it will then be sent to the Pathologist for further evaluation and sign-out. The accuracy of the interpretation can be evaluated by comparing it with the biopsy diagnosis. Pap and biopsy results will not always correlate perfectly but they should be close. Learning from these Pap/biopsy correlations improves accuracy. Our attention to detail and enhanced QC standards give our clients the peace of mind knowing their results are accurate and reliable.
Provide highest quality service with Hologic ThinPrep Digital Imaging
CAP certified cytologists with 40 years of experience
Double up cytology QC with 20% slides reviewed
>20,000 Pap examined
>99.5% satisfactory rate
>95% biopsy concordance
Danner Laboratory offers Non-Gyn cytology screening & interpretation for a vast array of specimens for the detection of malignant and benign processes. All Non-Gyn specimens are sent to Pathology for further evaluation and improved accuracy. Acceptable specimen types include fluids, washings, brushings, direct smears and Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsies.
- Anal Pap
- Head & Neck (Salivary glands, Cystic lesions, lymph nodes)
- Palpable soft tissue Masses & Nodules in extremities and trunk
- Superficial lymph nodes
- Urine cytology
- Sputum cytology
Molecular Testing & Immunoassays
Danner Laboratory utilizes the most advanced, FDA approved methods for detecting common Infectious Diseases through Molecular Testing & Immunoassays.
- Molecular testing provides superior sensitivity and specificity and provides a much faster and more reliable diagnostic result.
- HPV with 16/18/45 Genotyping
- Vaginitis Screening
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Candida Vaginitis
- Trichomonas Vaginalis
- Group B Streptococcus
- Chlamydia Trachomatis/ Neisseria Gonorrhea
- Mycoplasma genitalium
We also offer state of the art Elisa assays for detection of pathogens.
- HSV-1 & HSV-2
- Varicella-Zoster Virus Antibody
- Hepatitis B Surface Antigen
- Hepatitis B Surface Antibody
- Hepatitis C Antibody
- HIV antigen and Antibody Detection (4th generation)
The Gold Standard for a pathology diagnosis is the biopsy and having an expert pathology team means improved accuracy and better patient outcomes. All cytopathology and pathology interpretations are performed by highly qualified, and expertly skilled pathologists from UCSD Medical Center Cytopathology Department.
Biopsy Specimens accepted:
- Endocervical curettage
- Cone biopsy
Results, On Your Time
Danner laboratory is committed to delivering reliable results in the most efficient way. We offer a free service to let your office access patient results online via a HIPPA compliant portal.
To setup this free service please follow these steps:
- Call us at 858-552-1508or email us at email@example.com
- Provide us with the name of the Physician
- Provide first name, last name and e-mail address of the user who will access results
Once we receive this information you will have access to the portal and your patients results. Please allow 48 for the user account to be activated.